The Cambridge Certificate: Advanced, also known as the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), entitles students to study abroad at British and Australian universities. It is the second highest level for general English examinations.
Level of the CAE
The Cambrige Advanced Certificate corresponds to level C1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Target group of the CAE
Advanced is aimed at advanced participants who need a high level of language skills for their profession or studies in an English-speaking country. These qualifications entitle students to study at universities in Great Britain and Australia.
The advantages of CAE
By attending a preparation course, participants should acquire language skills that they can use effectively and flexibly in their jobs or studies. Since the different language variants (e.g. American English, British English) are also included in the preparation course, the participants can communicate with native speakers in most professional or social situations.
As in all other preparation courses for the Cambridge Certificates, even participants of different nationalities and with a different language background can attend the course. The exam certificates are recognized by thousands of employers, universities and governments worldwide and are valid for life.
The learning objectives of the CAE
Through the preparation course participants can
- Understand and understand demanding and longer texts;
- communicate spontaneously and fluently without frequently searching for words;
- use the acquired language skills flexibly and effectively in most professional, social, educational or study situations;
- express themselves on complex subjects in a clear, detailed and structured manner, using various means of linking texts.
Registration for the CAE
Participants can register directly at the respective examination center, where the exams are held annually on about 30 fixed examination dates worldwide. Fixed starting dates must also be taken into account when registering for the respective preparation courses.
Die CAE Exam
Every year, around 1,300 examination centers in more than 110 countries around the world hold around 33 examinations in the following areas
- Reading and listening comprehension
- Oral and written expression
- Knowledge of grammar and vocabulary
- Communication skills
offered. A variety of aids and materials, such as textbooks, worksheets, sample exams, can be used to prepare for the exam. The examination is divided into five parts
- 75 minutes: Reading comprehension,
- 40 minutes: listening comprehension,
- 15 minutes: Speaking,
- 90 minutes: writing
- 60 minutes: Use of the English language.
The exam can be done as a paper version or on a computer. The individual test results flow into the final result in equal parts.
The costs of CAE
Since the examination fees are determined by the respective examination centers, participants must inquire about them locally.
CAE test preparation via online course
Books for CAE test preparation
- Cambridge English Advanced 1 for Revised Exam from 2015 Student's Book Pack Student's Book with Answers and Audio CDs 2 : Authentic Examination ... Language Assessment CAE Practice Tests
- Product type: ABIS BOOK
- Brand: Cambridge English
- Cambridge English Language Assessment (Autor)
- Cambridge English
- Hewings,Martin (Autor)
- Stephens, Mary (Autor)
Videos about CAE
Hinweis: Aktualisierung am 26.06.2020 über Amazon Product Advertising API. Daten und Preise können sich ggf. geändert haben. Über das Amazon.de Partnerprogramm verdienen wir Provisionen für qualifizierte Käufe.