Taking a language test can be motivated by different factors. A language test helps to assess the language level, for example, in order to then find the right language course to expand the language. Migrants must also take language tests if they want to live permanently in their new home country. Young people who go abroad also need an assessment of their ability to speak the foreign language.
Depending on the requirements and needs, there are language tests at different levels. So before you decide on a language test, you should think about some questions:
- For what purpose do I need the language test?
- Which language level should be tested?
- Which quality characteristics should the certificate have?
- What should the reputation of the test be?
- Do I need a language test for a certain purpose (student exchange, semester abroad)?
Language tests for young people at a glance
To ensure comparability of language tests for teenagers, we have compiled a list of possible tests so that you can find your way around more quickly and choose the language course that suits you best.