The Cambridge Certificate: CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) offers people who have little or no professional experience as teachers the opportunity to learn the varied and interesting activities as English teachers in order to be able to teach worldwide.
Level of the CELTA
Non-native CELTA participants should have sufficient English language skills at level C1 according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Target groups of the CELTA
CELTA is aimed at
- First-time students who want to train as an English teacher,
- experienced teachers who have entered the profession without any theoretical training and who wish to improve or refresh their teaching methods
As a prerequisite for access:
- a minimum age of 20 years at the beginning of the course,
- a university entrance qualification,
- sufficient oral and written language skills to be able to follow the lessons
Die Vorteile von CELTA
For attending a CELTA course there is a lot of leeway regarding the choices:
- a full-time course (duration: 4-5 weeks),
- a part-time course (duration: a few months or even up to one year),
- an online course (combined online self-study and practical teaching experience).
The online course is based on the same curriculum and the division between practice and theory is also identical. CELTA courses consist of 120 lessons, with a minimum of six lessons as practical lessons in a school class. The CELTA certificate is recognized worldwide, e.g. by English language schools or organizations, and is considered a benchmark for quality.
The goals of CELTA
CELTA courses offer in five teaching modules
basic, effective teaching methods,
practical skills required for teaching English to adults,
practical teaching experience.
This will help participants to develop language skills, teaching skills and professionalism.
The registration for the CELTA
Registration for a CELTA course is done at an approved local examination center, where further information on the course schedule and examination dates is also available.
The Exam of the CELTA
The CELTA exams are conducted in accordance with the University of Cambridge and as in all Cambridge certificates, of which there are more than 300 in around 60 countries. The written examinations are held in the following areas
- adult learners and learning contexts,
- Language systems of the English language,
- Language skills,
- Instruction and identification of action points.
In addition, there is an evaluation of the overall performance at the end of the teaching practice.
The cost of the CELTA
The fees for a CELTA course can be obtained from the respective examination center.
CELTA test preparation via online course
Books for CELTA test preparation
Videos about the CELTA
Hinweis: Aktualisierung am 26.06.2020 über Amazon Product Advertising API. Daten und Preise können sich ggf. geändert haben. Über das Amazon.de Partnerprogramm verdienen wir Provisionen für qualifizierte Käufe.