With the Cambridge Certificate: Proficiency, also known as the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), one acquires English language skills at a very high level. It is the highest level for general English language examinations.
Level of the CPE
Proficiency corresponds to level C2 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Target groups of the CPE
Proficiency is aimed at advanced, non-native speakers who wish to acquire language skills at the highest, almost native-speaker level in order to be able to communicate flawlessly and in style in almost any situation.
Like the First Certificate or Advanced Certificate, Proficiency is recognized by many universities as an entrance requirement for English language studies.
The advantages of the CPE
By attending a preparatory course, participants should acquire language skills at the highest level for professional or academic purposes. Since the different language variants (e.g. American English, British English) are also included in the preparation course, the participants can communicate in almost all situations with native speakers at the highest level.CPE
Even participants of different nationalities or with a different language background can attend a preparation course. The exam certificates are recognized by thousands of employers, universities and governments worldwide and are valid for life.
The learning objectives of the CPE
Through the preparation course participants can
- complete a challenging course of study (e.g. master’s degree, doctoral studies)
- negotiate and communicate at the highest level in international business and management;
- understand and understand the content of complex texts;
- talk about topics that are complex or delicate;
- write texts on any topic in a confident style.
Registration for the CPE
Participants can register for the Cambridge Certificate directly at the examination center where the exam is held annually on fixed examination dates worldwide. There are also fixed starting dates for registration for the respective preparation courses.
The CPE Exam
Every year, about 2,700 examination centers in more than 130 countries around the world conduct examinations in
- Reading and listening comprehension
- Oral and written expression
- Knowledge of grammar and vocabulary
- Communication skills
offered. A variety of aids and materials, such as textbooks, worksheets, sample exams, can be used to prepare for the exam. The exam is divided into five parts
- 90 minutes: Reading comprehension,
- 45 minutes: listening comprehension,
- 19 minutes: Speaking,
- 120 minutes: writing
- 90 minutes: Use of the English language.
The exam can be done as a paper version or on a computer. The individual test results flow into the final result in equal parts.
The cost of the CPE
Since the examination fees are determined by the respective examination centers, participants must inquire about them locally.
CPE test preparation via online courses
Books for CPE Test Preparation
- Cambridge University Press
- Cambridge ESOL (Autor)
- Cambridge University Press
- Cambridge English Language Assessment (Autor)
- Neuwertiger Zustand
- Versand noch am selben Tag bei Bestellung vor 12 Uhr
- Garantierte Verpackung
Videos about the CPE
Hinweis: Aktualisierung am 26.06.2020 über Amazon Product Advertising API. Daten und Preise können sich ggf. geändert haben. Über das Amazon.de Partnerprogramm verdienen wir Provisionen für qualifizierte Käufe.