Cambridge Certificate: Financial, also known as the International Certificate in Financial English (ICFE), can be used to acquire special English language skills for work in international finance and accounting at an advanced level.
Level of the ICFE
Financial corresponds to level B2/C1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Business Language Testing Service
Target groups of the ICFE
Financial is aimed at participants who wish to pursue a career in finance and accounting with these demanding language skills or who are studying in this field. By attending the preparation course, students can acquire practical as well as professionally relevant language skills within the framework of this Cambridge course.
The advantages of the ICFE
Through ICFE the participants are able to
- work in international finance and accounting (e.g. government agency, auditing company)
- to advance their own career in this specialist area,
- complete a degree in accounting and finance,
- to improve their own examination and teaching performance in this area
In the preparation course the different language variants (e.g. American English, British English) are also used. This means that even participants of different nationalities or with a different language background can attend a preparation course. The exam certificates are recognized by thousands of employers, universities and governments worldwide and are valid for life.
The learning objectives of the ICFE
With this qualification participants can
- Practical use of English language skills in various situations,
- participate in professional meetings or discussions,
- clearly express their opinion,
- understand or write specific texts in this field.
The registration to the ICFE
Participants can register directly at the respective examination center, where the examinations are held monthly on fixed examination dates.
The ICFE exam
Examinations are carried out in about 250 examination centers worldwide and cover the following areas:
- Reading and listening comprehension
- Oral and written expression
- Knowledge of grammar and vocabulary
- Communication skills.
A variety of aids and materials, such as textbooks, worksheets, sample exams, can be used to prepare for the exam. The exam is divided into four parts
- 75 minutes: Reading comprehension,
- 40 minutes: listening comprehension,
- 16 minutes: Speaking,
- 75 minutes: writing
The exam can be done as a paper version or on a computer. The individual test results flow into the final result in equal parts.
The costs of the ICFE
Since the examination fees are determined by the respective examination centers, participants must inquire about them locally.
Online preparation courses for the ICFE
Books on ICFE Test Preparation
- BPP Learning Media (Autor)
- BPP Learning Media (Autor)
Videos about the ICFE
Hinweis: Aktualisierung am 26.06.2020 über Amazon Product Advertising API. Daten und Preise können sich ggf. geändert haben. Über das Amazon.de Partnerprogramm verdienen wir Provisionen für qualifizierte Käufe.